Monday, June 22, 2009

big changes at ZHOP

We've had some big changes in the last month at ZHOP. We are no longer 24/7, we're only open from 8am-8pm, so 12 hours a day. This was a huge shock to everyone when Kirk announced it, but we all knew it was the right move to make. ZHOP has lost many staff, specifically singers and musicians, since it was first planted 4 years ago. We've gained a lot too, but not enough to keep going 24/7. And we were doing 24/7 with about 30 people, so there were few people per shift, the worship teams were small, and it was becoming difficult to sustain worship and prayer. We were spread too thin, and we needed to consolidate for the sake of the staff not burning out and becoming exhausted.

So I am now the shift leader on the Morning Watch (8am-2pm), along with another person, which has been rough because I am so used to the Nightwatch sleep schedule. I've been on it for 3 weeks now, and am still having trouble falling asleep at 11pm. Also, I have about 15 people to lead now, instead of 4 on Nightwatch, so this is challenging. I am also confronting a lot of fear of man in leading sets on stage. I had gotten so used to just the Nightwatch folks in the room when I would lead worship, and I knew them so well I wasn't intimidated. But now there's a lot more people in the room, many of whom are great musicians, and so I get up there and I am intimidated and constantly hit with thoughts that they are judging me or they think I sound bad, etc. Although I know it's the enemy, it's still hard to combat these lies and really believe the truth and be free on stage. I think God is digging deeper as far as removing fear of man and desire to please man.

I've also missed the Nightwatch folks a lot. We had such a strong bond, our little crew, and now the shifts are bigger and everyone is dispersed. You have to make more of an effort to get to know people and talk to people; otherwise, you can go the whole day in the prayer room, pray and play your set, and not speak to anyone.

So this is the latest news, and challenges...

2 comments:

  1. wow, i'm so excited for you guys though! i know it must be really tough to adjust, but i'm selfishly very grateful that you are going to be on a more 'normal' wake/sleep schedule like the rest of us, who always want to talk to you while you're asleep! and i know the Lord is definitely working new things out in you, which i'm sure is hard but awesome at the same time. i'm so excited for all the new stuff going on!! hope to catch you soon :) love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I am happy too! now maybe you can join in on the RAIN prayer calls that Nancy has set up. and I am glad you are on a normal sleep schedule. will be praying that a tight-knit community develops during the daytime watch like you said you had on the nightwatch. love u

    ReplyDelete