Saturday, May 30, 2009

thoughts from the front lines...sieging

I sieged today (that's where you stand in front of an abortion clinic with red tape that says "LIFE" on your mouth and pray for the ending of abortion)...and it's crazy how even when you are completely silent, there's so much opposition and anger that comes against you from people who walk or drive by. we did get a few friendly honks in the midst of some hostile honks. You can distinguish between hostile and friendly by the length of the honk. Long, drawn out honks = hostility, short, quick honks are friendly. Something I learned today. Someone yelled an obscenity at us, which I wasn't moved by. In fact, I like some contention and persecution, makes me feel like I'm doing something valuable. Anyway, as I was standing out there, I totally felt God's presence. I didn't feel an intense burden or travail, just the presence of Jesus. As I was praying, I saw an image of the Lord removing the clothes from the abortion industry and from this clinic specifically, exposing its nakedness and its shame. The clothes abortion wears are deception and falsehood, meaning people don't see how evil the practice is and how harmful it is to not only the baby but the mother and the clinic employees. I know so many stories of women who have had abortions who were/are so depressed, suicidal, lifeless, feeling that there was something in them that was a part of them and it was ripped out, and now they are empty. No matter how much the industry tries to convince people that it's just a group of cells, or whatever, a woman knows - her conscience knows, her spirit knows. The woman whose case legalized abortion in 1973 herself was suicidal, an alcoholic, overcome with guilt and shame at what she had done, until she met Jesus. Now she speaks out against this practice. Many clinic workers are also very depressed, drink a lot, and are just suffering inside. This is directly related to the fact that they are partnering with death and darkness. But abortion is seen in the larger society as this benevolent, compassionate deed, and God is going to take the clothes off, and all will see its shame.

1 comment:

  1. wow, i want to hear more about that experience! i'm so glad you have a blog now :) i love you

    ReplyDelete